Jeff intended to spend his first night in a shelter, I believe. That is, if I'm correctly following the Appalachian Trail Data Book he gave me for Christmas (complete with highlighted notes from Jeff, by the way. Awesome gift!). There were a few shelter options, but I'm thinking he stopped at Gooch Mountain Shelter on Saturday night, continuing on to Blood Mountain Shelter today, Sunday.
Well, it's pretty damn soggy at Blood Mountain right now. The forecast calls for a lot more rain, 52 degrees with a chance of thunderstorms and strong winds (though I'm not certain if this forecast if for the town nearby or the Mountain, factoring elevation, for temp).
He's well prepared for all weather conditions. Either way, rain or snow, I'm sure he's enjoying the majesty of nature...
Well, it's pretty damn soggy at Blood Mountain right now. The forecast calls for a lot more rain, 52 degrees with a chance of thunderstorms and strong winds (though I'm not certain if this forecast if for the town nearby or the Mountain, factoring elevation, for temp).
He's well prepared for all weather conditions. Either way, rain or snow, I'm sure he's enjoying the majesty of nature...
![]() |
| Blood Mountain Shelter. Jeff's home for the night? |

What an amazing adventure ---- thanx for the blog, too Carly ---- I look forward to the journey --- Happy Trails!!
ReplyDeleteBetsy