Wednesday, April 30, 2014

FACEBOOK FROM JEFF: Smoky Mountains Completed!

I got a quick Facebook message from Jeff last night, around 8:30PM:

call mom for me tell her im ok tornado warnings all over my area but im on a porch at a hostel tonight. finished smoky mtns today

I can't wait to here more about his trip through the Smokies, especially since it appears that the weather has not been kind to that region this week.  Lots of wind and rain, tornado warnings... Hopefully he's managed to hang on to all his gear and a positive attitude.  Collecting some amazing memories, I'm sure!

In taking a quick weather check at Clingman's Dome, which is the highest peak in the Smoky Mountains, it looks like today has started out with beautiful weather.  73 & sunny.  Thunderstorms are predicted, however, with more rain in the future.  He should be just outside of this region, since he's already summited Clingman's Dome... but this was the closest reference point I had from the brief FB message. Perhaps he's ahead of the storm, on the sunny side of the rainbow ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment