Saturday, May 17, 2014

Postcard from Jeff: Smoky Mountains


Here's a postcard we got from Jeff (aka Lost Boy - his "new" official trail name) a few weeks ago...  Things have been a little hectic in Lynch-land, so I haven't had a chance to post. Conehead Buddha's gig schedule has been packed, it's been a crazy few weeks at work for both Terry and I, and we still managed to squeeze time in for an UrgentCare trip with Felix from a backyard injury (he's fine now... dermabond "glue" stitches on his forehead, a pretty gnarly gash on the inside of his lower lip, and a few other bumps and smaller cuts from a four or five foot high fall off his playset on to the gravel that is currently "padding" the area since we're still a work-in-progress over here).  I digress...

His postcard, below, was right before he ventured to Hot Springs - which Jeff had marked in his trail book as a highlighted feature along the way.  In his postcard, he mentioned a Bluegrass festival.  I heard from Jeff briefly after his Hot Springs stay... he ended up just hanging with a group of thru hikers around town for the weekend.  They didn't actually enter the grounds of the Bluegrass festival, but there was a lot going on around town and the whole area seemed like it had a great vibe with a lot going on.  

Mom and I also got some sweet Mother's Day cards, postmarked from Knoxville TN, last week.  He made a round of phone calls as well, but I (sadly) missed his.  However, I was really happy to read "the hike rules so far and I'm making new friends everyday" in my card.



No comments:

Post a Comment