Saturday, May 17, 2014

EMAIL FROM JEFF: Damascus, VA


Hey everyone!
It's been so much harder than I thought to stay in touch.  Apparently pay phones don't exist anymore.  Also, the wifi on my ipod is never good enough to use - people always make fun of me on the trail because I don't know how to use technology.
Anyway,
Yesterday I crossed the Virginia state line and i'm in the town of Damascus.  467 miles into the trail.  There is a 3 day hikers festival this weekend called ''Trail Days'' that I'm hanging out at.  There are vendors and lives music and food.  I haven't had to pay for much being a thru hiker, people give us food all the time and beers when we want them.  My body could use the few days off I'm sure but I feel pretty good otherwise. 
My pack that I started with is about to wear out, so I just had to buy a new one.  The straps and zippers are falling apart.  It was old and not cut out for a thru hike anyway.  I got a good deal in this town though due to the hiker festival.
I don't get to a computer very often but I'm at a library right now but I'll be in touch when I can. 
I'm having a great time.
Love,
Jeff (Lost Boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment